Saturday, April 20, 2013

How To Cheat At Dishes

I cannot take credit for this. But I can take credit for using this idea.

We do have a dishwasher. But we are a small family. That's a lie. We have a family that doesn't do dishes enough. And 5 out of the 5 people don't like to do them. Well I can't speak for Nevie but knowing her, she will love doing them.

Anyway, I've gone minimalist when it comes to the amount of utensils we have. So if you use a bowl in the morning for cereal, chances are you won't have a bowl in the evening for ice cream. I'm not saying I eat ice cream.... its just hypothetical. 

Well my amazing mother in law does this:

1) Hand washes the dish.
2) Puts the dish in the dishwasher to dry.

Its so simple and convenient.  And super eco-friendly.

And this way you always know the dishes are clean. You also have an easy way to hide clean dishes if you have a surprise visitor. (Which I hate by the way. Lol)

How amazing is this? I don't know about you,  but I am excited about this because I don't have a lot of counter space, and because we are constantly doing dishes, it was getting cluttered. And looked ugly. What a neat solution!  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment