Monday, April 16, 2012

School

I put my son in a daycare/preschool Monday through Wednesday from 9ish to 3ish. I hate it.
I love the school. I love the kids. We walk everyday to get there and he loves it.
Cannot.....manage.....mornings.
I remember now...the hardest part of going to school for me was getting there. If I could make it to class, I was golden. But if I hit snooze once, it was all over. Lost cause.
First week at his preschool, I was showered and made up and Eli was even wearing matching stuff. Week two is proving much more difficult. I feel like I know these people now, so what have I got to prove? They take care of my kid all day--that practically makes them family! I don't need to make myself byoo-tee-full for family! And so, I am slowly (but not so slowly really) talking myself into a slovenly downward spiral. Today, I had on cat-hairy pants that I tape-rolled...but they were not clean by most/any/all standards. I hadn't showered since some time this weekend. I can't remember. Probably pre-weekend.
Oh, man.
By next week....what will become of me? Of us?
Obviously, I need to devise devices PeeWeeHerman style to save time and add some awesomeness to our mornings. I need a system that will make mornings less horrible for me. I think the only way this could happen is through some sort of ingenious trickery. I need to think it's nighttime and I'm actually staying up late and this is what all the cool kids are doing.
Well, I don't know how my pregnant body is functioning. I literally got two hours of sleep last night and did a lot of cleaning and hustling and bustling all day. I know how I'm up. Because I love the night life. I'm rambling. This is my cue to stop typing and start posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment