Friday, April 13, 2012

Oh, Baby!

Well, alright. I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I'm not sick of it. My pregnancy is pleasant. I am as ready for this baby as I will be in two months...when I am due. But what I am ready for is is to be cute and skinny(ish) again. Summer is almost here!
I want to wear dresses!
Paint my toenails without losing my breath!
See my feet without kicking them out in front of me!
See my...area again!
Sleep on my back!
Have regular sex! (Or have sex regularly!!)
Eat pie and not be concerned with my bloodsugar level!
Need I mention the copious amounts of coffee I miss? Of alcohol? Drugs?!
Well, just kidding.
But I'd like the option to only hurt myself and not a little baby.
I want to ride a roller coaster, go to a loud concert, shoot guns, ride a horse, drive recklessly, run races, hang out in a jacuzzi, get a lay-down massage, ride a wave-runner, jump!! I want to bend over in a normal way that I don't even think about. To sit in a normal way and not have to lean back to make room for my legs to move. I want to not make jokes about my growing body.
I mostly just want to look cute. And for people to go, "You did NOT just have this gorgeous, sweet, mellow, sleeping-through-the-night baby! You look so skinny!" And I'll just smile at my baby and only he will know what grueling hell he put me through. Well, him and every mom who's been pregnant and labored for their baby. And I mean grueling hell in a totally shallow way...he's been a wonderful fetus. Can't knock that.
Ok.
Now you know where I stand. Me and this baby. Whose due date is June 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment