Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Ten Year Anniversary!


Yup. It's Lisa and Jaime's TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY! If we were lesbians, we'd hold hands and buy organic food and burn soy candles over a vegan dinner to celebrate! And probably listen to Enya.

But it is our celebration of ten years of friendship! And do you know what? Between you and me...it's pretty glorious. I don't want to get supercorny, but she's the best a person could even hope for. We've been friends through dozens of men (ha!), different states, changing financial status, pregnancies, kids, religion, the works! She makes me happy and content and feel stable (which is pretty much EVERYTHING to me these days) all the time. Because I know that I have a lovely girl with lovely princess hair who will always be on my side, even when I'm wrong! (And I do make VERY bad decisions. It's like my thing.) Not only that, but I know that even if I want to leave PA and move to AZ (2000ish mile difference that there), she would probably rent a wreck and come rescue me. And it would probably be hilarious and awesome! Did I say probably? Come on, me. Ok, I know it would be great. Because everything we do together is great. It's actually pretty freaking entertaining.

So, Happy Anniversary! Everybody should celebrate friendships like this! Old friends, new friends, best friends, far-away friends, imaginary friends, even if you celebrate the friendship between you and your husband! It all works. Recognize that friendship really is the foundation of your whole life! And respect it.
And THROW A PARTY!!

PAJAMA PARTY
PAJAMA/POPCORN/CEREAL PARTY
HARRY POTTER PARTY
PREGNANT PARTY (it's just like a fat-kid party)
FAT-KID PARTY
CHEESES OF THE GROCERY STORE PARTY
NAPPING PARTY
SHOVELING MY DRIVEWAY PARTY
MASK PARTY

1 comment:

  1. This was such a surprise and a GREAT one at that. Thank you so much! It made my cry. In a good way. I'm somewhat dissapointed that you mentioned that we're only friends. I sort of thought we were more than that. IT's okay because I still love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete