Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pitty-Potty-Party

This guest post comes from Jess or Jessi if you aren't her true friend. Just kidding. Jessi has been a good friend of Lisa's for like, ever. More than 10 years. They've been pregnant together 2 times and are pretty much awesome together. Jess is a model, a mom and more! A model mom? We are so lucky and privileged to hear from her. You can hear more stories like this from her over at The Fox Thoughts.


1- Do you sneeze and pee your pants? (even if you cross your legs to "hold it")
2- Do you cough and pee?
3- Do you laugh and pee a little?
4- Do you yell at your child, animal, TV or any technology, etc and you still pee?






                                      (Isn't that picture funny? I couldn't resist posting!)


Well.... if you answered yes to any of the above you must be pregnant and you are entitled to a freaking pitty-potty-party!! If you haven't, well then you are just one of the lucky ones.

As a teenager, I would listen to my mom's friends and my grandma talk about their pregnancy nightmares. My jaw would always drop when they would talk about peeing themselves. Are you effing kidding me? This really happens? I always worried about this because I have a pea-sized bladder. Then it happened. I was pregnant with my first son (third trimester if that matters) while at work when a lovely sneeze attack hit me...I felt my bladder weaken with each sneeze... "Oh shit! Did I just pee or ....?!" I looked down and faced a nightmare. Yes, I did just pee myself while at work. Being the only one there, I couldn't leave. I called my super sister and luckily, she came to my rescue with some fresh panties, pants and some chocolate. I love her. And she still reminds me of this. Isn't she sweet? LOL

A few weeks ago, I woke up with horrible congestion and a chest cold. I couldn't breathe. I'd sniff the little snotties and tinkle... and then cough and tinkle again...sneeze and tinkle ... Ugh. I messaged Lisa. "Seriously, does this happen? Or am I just a freak?" Lol So funny. Whenever I sneeze, cough, laugh, yell, or even drive over the bumps in the road, it's followed by a loud "dammit to hell!" my sweet lover will ask, "What's wrong? Did you pee again?" Ughhh. So embarrassing and awkward. My little baby likes to kick and punch my bladder which also makes me pee. This never ends.

I assure you, you are not a freak. Pee happens! On a good note, I've become a cold blooded bathroom hunter no matter the location. I can spot the 'Restroom' sign from across the store. That's talent. I am learning to control when I choose to yell at my almost 5 year old. Yelling = peeing. You can do Kegals to help with this glamorous gift of pregnancy.

If you pee yourself, eat some chocolate, drink your favorite soda, change your panties, and know that we all do this at some point. :)

                                                There ain't no shame in my game! Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I'm a pee-er. And a talented spotter of restroom signs or places. It is a good skill. Moms are useful!

    ReplyDelete